Holiday Strategy: FeedMore
FeedMore Holiday Multichannel Integrated Acquisition Strategy
Find out how Donor Detectives helped FeedMore, Central Virginia’s hunger-relief leader, with an Integrated Multichannel campaign to maximize donations during the Holiday season.
GOALS: The FeedMore organization comprises of Central Virginia Food Bank, Meals on Wheels Serving Central Virginia and the Community Kitchen. FeedMore’s programs provide hunger relief to Central Virginia’s most vulnerable populations, particularly children, families and seniors.
FeedMore was looking for a strategy that would:
- Leverage multiple channels to maximize donations during the Holiday season; individual channels had been used previously, but never in an integrated manner with direct response marketing in mind
- Use the learnings from the previous year’s campaign in a looped feedback for next year’s campaign
- To Create campaign test scenarios for different channels
STRATEGIZE, EXECUTE & ANALYZE: The Donor Detectives team developed a strategy across the following channels – outdoor (posters, bulletins, transit), TV media (different channels), traffic sponsorships, online (digital banners, Pandora, Google Adwords) and newspaper (Richmond Times). Campaign execution details were designed for each of the channels.
Data analysis was used to tweak the strategy to introduce new channels (test radio stations), expand on what’s working well (continue filming new TV spot, out of home advertising) and reconsider channel components that don’t meet targeted KPI’s (Pandora, placement sites for Lightbox etc.).
IMPACT: With the new integrated multi-channel direct response strategy in place, FeedMore is well positioned to ensure its budgets are spent optimally on relevant channels and components. The strategy is set up to ensure that goals on the metrics of donor acquisition – number of donors, quality of donors and $ gift amount – are continually met or surpassed.
- Overall online donation transactions increased by 28% as did total donation amount by 18%. White Mail performance that can be attributed to the effort was better – donation transactions increased 21% and total donation amount by 47%
- New strategy was used for DM acquisition – though there was in increase in 23% prospects being mailed, new donor conversion went up by 60% and average gift amount went up by 4%
- Lightbox and Google Ads were tested as digital components for the first time and they delivered 195 donors at an average gift amount ~$200; the Return on Investment for these digital components was 1:12
Bottom line: Multichannel integration is key to deliver a consistent message that will ultimately result in a brand lift and better results across all channels.